To report infractions by off-road vehicles (ORVs: ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc.) go to the Bivouac website and log your report there. To do this you will need to create a login and password. Once you are logged in to the Bivouac site you can add your report under Index/Campaigns. You can also send an email to Robin Tivy who runs the Bivouac website/database and initiated the reporting or email your report to the FMCBC and we will post it to the Bivouac site for you.

Infractions include: snowmobiling or off-roading in areas where it is not allowed (non-motorized trails, parks and other restricted areas), environmental damage, disturbing wildlife.
User conflicts include: trail bed erosion, endangering non-motorized users, ORVs displacing non-motorized users in an area.

It is important to educate the government agencies of these conflicts and infractions so that the government will understand the need to create and enforce recreation zoning legislation to reduce or eliminate these types of conflicts. Licensing and registration of ORVs are critical to enforcement. The more evidence that is recorded the easier it will be to prove details of these incidents. When sufficient data has been collected, representatives of the non-motorized sector will present a report the appropriate government agency and attempt to get a commitment from the government for some timely action on this problem.

If you witness serious environmental damage or wildlife harassment by ORV drivers, it should also be reported directly to the government ministry responsible:

  • Your local Ministry of Forests and Range office for issues such as mudbogging , via Inquiry BC, dial toll-free, 1 800 663-7867 or by website
  • Your local Ministry of Environment, Conservation Office Service for issues such as wildlife harassment, via Inquiry BC, toll-free, 1 800 663-7867 or visit their website
  • Report All Poachers and Polluters: dial toll-free 1-877-952-7277 or cellular dial #7277.