The Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC (FMCBC) is a province-wide federation of over 50 outdoor clubs with a membership of over 5,500 people. The FMCBC promotes self-propelled activities, such as hiking, mountaineering, trail running, snowshoeing and backcountry skiing through leadership, advocacy, and education. The FMCBC and clubs engage with outdoor recreation organizations, government agencies, and others to promote, protect and maintain access for quality non-motorized recreation in BC’s mountains, forests, and wilderness. We are committed proponents of the “Leave No Trace” and “Right to Roam” principles.
The FMCBC is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable person to assist in the day to day operations of the FMCBC. This permanent part time position is available to someone with interest and knowledge of the goals and objectives of the FMCBC with skills in both communications and administration. Reporting to the Executive Director, the prospective employee will have the opportunity to work remotely to manage the operations of the FMCBC. In addition, flexible days and hours make this an ideal opportunity for an active person. Limited evening and weekend work may be required.
The job requires these attributes:
- Performs general website updates and maintenance (WordPress)
- Researches and writes blog content promoting the FMCBC and its member clubs
- Ensures consistency & accuracy of information across multiple communications platforms
- Manages social media channels
- Researches and drafts monthly e-newsletters (Cyberimpact)
- Manages Groups.io email groups
- Gathers and edits submissions to semi-annual Cloudburst magazine and blog
- Designs promotional materials (brochures, flyers, posters, etc.)
- Assists with planning, implementing and attending outreach/promotional events
- Develops forms/surveys
General Administration (70%)
Supports the work of the Board of Directors by managing administrative and financial tasks
- Schedules, attends, and records minutes of Board meetings
- Bookkeeping (Quickbooks)
- Invoices for membership dues and insurance fees
- Administering member club grant program
- Processes payables and receivables, makes bank deposits, payroll
- Society & CRA Annual reports and filing (with ED)
- GST filing
- Handles all incoming mail
- AGM preparations
- Production of semiannual Cloudburst publication (InDesign)
- Sources and purchases trail markers
The ideal candidate will:
- have a basic knowledge of HTML
- be familiar with (or possess an aptitude for learning) a broad range of software including Cyberimpact, Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Quickbooks, and Adobe Acrobat
- be familiar with WordPress (regular maintenance, updates, and improvements – plus reaching out to tech support when necessary)
- be able to work independently and find creative solutions to problems
- communicate clearly and professionally in all mediums
- assist with fundraising ideas and programs
- be organized and efficient
- have a great sense of humour!
Wage is $21/hour. Tentative start date is February 16th, 2021 with interim training available to assist in the transition.
If you have 60 hours a month to commit, come and join an interesting and ambitious organisation and help us work to improve backcountry access in British Columbia!
Please email your resume in confidence to: Executive.Director@mountainclubs.org
Closing date: Wednesday, February 9th @ 3:30 PM
Please: no phone calls!