Maps, Guidebooks, and Online Routes
Maps and route descriptions
- Clark Geomatics – award-winning backcountry hiking and recreation maps
- Canadian Mapmakers – high quality, custom designed maps.
- Kamloops Trails – information on trails, waterways, routes and viewpoints around Kamloops
- Centre for Topographic Information – Canada’s national topographic mapping agency with links for hardcopy and digital topographic maps
- GeoBase – Government initiative that provides access to geospatial data, including Canadian Digital Elevation Data
The FMCBC provides general interest maps of the Goat River Trail, Mount Arrowsmith and the Nootka Trail. General Interest maps are not suited to navigation.
- Goat River Trail (Central Interior)
- Mt. Arrowsmith (Vancouver Island)
- Nootka Trail (Vancouver Island)
- 105 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia – the all-new, expanded follow-up to southwestern British Columbia’s best-selling hiking guidebook—now featuring trails on the islands and in northern Washington.
- Burke & Widgeon a hikers guide – new guidebook written by Lyle Litzenburger (review on page page 24 of Spring/Summer 2014 issue of Cloudburst)
- Cairn Publishing – Guidebooks for hiking and scrambling in British Columbia.
- Exploring Prince George – A Guide to North Central BC Outdoors by Mike Nash of the Caledonia Ramblers
- John Baldwin – Ski guidebook for the Coast Mountains and Whistler backcountry map.
- Rocky Mountain Books – Outdoor activity guidebooks, historical accounts of Canadian mountaineering and other adventures, biographies, related non-fiction books.
- Sweet Single Track – The most comprehensive singletrack trail-guide of the South and Central Okanagan. Available in both print and online editions. Partial profits to trails.
- The Mountaineers Books – How-to guides for outdoor recreation, including the well-known Freedom of the Hills, guidebooks and other outdoor and conservation books.
- Bivouac.com – Canadian Mountain Encyclopedia with spatial database of mountains in North America, mapping, trails, backroads, trail and road conditions, trip reports and photos.
- ClubTread – Trails and trip reports for British Columbia and other parts of North America
- Squamish Climbing – Information on climbing in the Squamish area.
- trailpeak – Trails and trip reports for North America.
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC – British Columbia provincial government resource on public campgrounds and trails located on Crown land outside of parks.
- West Coast Ice – Reports on ice climbing conditions in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
- Valemount & Mt Robson – Trails around Valemount and Mt. Robson, British Columbia